Indiana Workplace English Alliance is an association of like-minded English language instructors and program administrators from various English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) programs around the city. They are dedicated to coordinating efforts in order to improve workplace English opportunities for adult immigrant English language learners (ELLs). They aim to strengthen the systems in place to facilitate communication between ESOL providers and Indianapolis-area businesses who want to provide workplace English instruction for their non-English speaking employees. Language skills empower learners with increased opportunities for success in life and on the job. Collaboration is the key to integrating immigrants into the fabric of the Indianapolis community, and successful integration benefits individuals, the companies they work for, and the city at large.
This installment of the Virtual Town Hall Series was be moderated by the Immigrant Welcome Center. They focus on the rationale for workplace English classes, and showcase a few ESOL providers who have conducted successful workplace English classes by forging partnerships with local businesses.
• Ginger Kosobucki , TESOL Instructor English Learning Consultant Immigrant Welcome Center
• Christina Proulx, Interim Director of Program Indy Reads
• Matthew Hume, Assistant Director International Center for Intercultural Communication (ICIC) at IUPUI
• Tanya Hoover, President, Midwest Language Services
• Darcy Wiley, TESOL Instructor, LUNA Language Services
Watch the full video below.